All sites that I use have complied with GDPR and I have a data processing agreement with each one. In general the GDPR allows you the following:
- the right to be informed – the right to know how we use your data (in this case your email for newsletters, etc.)
- the right to access your personal data (in this case your email)
- The right to rectification – allowing you to ensure the data (your email) is complete and not incorrect
- portability of your data – allowing you the right to ask for a copy of your data (.csv file)
- restrict or object – this would be if you object to using your data for direct marketing
- right to be forgotten – the right to have your data deleted.
To make any of these requests you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also use things like adchoices which allow you to control interest based advertising on your mobile device. You can also visit NAI which is the networking advertising initiative.
And just like before, you can unsubscribe at any time by using the link at the bottom of the page, but I’d be sorry to see you go.
Leave a Reply