A creamy soup without any dairy. Broccoli is a powerhouse of Vitamin C, and fiber & coconut milk is a healthy fat that provides this soup with a smooth texture. I used a chicken stock that I made earlier in the week from my roast chicken as the base to this soup, but you can just as easily use water.
Adding in a shallot, some turmeric salt and pepper makes this an easy weeknight meal. You can also add in some ginger or a hot chili if you feel so inclined to change up the flavor profile. Serves 3-4.
- Soup/Stock Pot
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 TBSP/ 14 g coconut oil
- 1 Head of broccoli chopped
- 200-300 ml of stock/broth (your choice) or water
- 1-1.50 tsp turmeric/kurkuma
- 250 ml/1 Cup Coconut Milk (I like this kind)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- pumpkin seeds and walnuts as a garnish
- optional: 1 tsp fresh ginger
- immersion blender
- sauté the shallot in coconut oil until soft and translucent (2-3 min)
- Add the broccoli and sauté (1 min)
- add water and bring to a slow boil
- reduce heat and simmer until broccoli is soft
- use an immersion blender and blend until smooth.
- add coconut milk to the soup
- stir in turmeric
- allow soup to simmer 15 minutes for flavors to incorporate
- serve immediately and top with pumpkin seeds or walnuts and fresh herbs (parsley or chives).
Leave a Reply