As we start back into school or back from vacation mode, this late summer, early fall curry is an easy make-ahead (with a slow cooker) or on the weekend dish that can be doubled or tripled for extra meals throughout the week. Serve over quinoa or for a grain-free option serve over cauliflower rice.
Mix spices together and add to slow cooker with rest of protein and vegetables.
Note: If cooking on a stovetop, cook vegetables and protein on med-high heat and then turn down and allow to simmer for up to 45 minutes-1 hr.
For the quinoa:
• Ratio 2:1 (2 C water to 1 Cup Quiona)
• Apple cider Vinegar
• In the morning or when ready to cook quinoa, rinse and use fresh water or bone broth to cook.
• Add 1 cup of quinoa with 2 C of water or broth to stock pot on the stove top
• Bring to a slow boil then turn down to simmer for 20-30minutes until you see the little rings and water is cooked off
• You can take the lid off last 5 minutes and stir/fluff to allow last bits of water to cook off.
Leave a Reply