This dish is quick and easy and a great side to any summer dinner.
Bok Choy is an Asian vegetable that is a member of the cabbage family (and can also be found under the names pak choi, bok choi, or pak choy). It has a crisp texture and a somewhat spicy taste. I try and find baby bok choy as it’s delicious when roasted in the oven.
You can also grill them on a BBQ next to your favorite cut of meat.
Nutritionally speaking, bok choy is a great source of antioxidants, full of the vitamins A, C & K.
- 3-4 heads of baby bok choy (2 regular-sized)
- sharp knife and cutting board
- 2 TBS cooking fat (ghee, coconut oil, or butter)
- sea salt
- olive oil when removed from the oven
- optional: coconut aminos, tamari, etc.
- Pre-heat oven to 230C/450F
- Cut the bok choy in half (if regular-sized then quarter)
- drizzle in cooking fat
- roast for 10 minutes cut side down
- turn over and roast for 5 minutes more
- the leaves should look crispy.
- the stalks will be al-dente
- drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt and serve immediately.
Optional additions: as stated above you can drizzle with coconut aminos or tamari for a bit of spice.
Leave a Reply