This is a fresh summer salad that can be eaten as a main on a hot day or accompany your favorite summer BBQ as a side.
Note: You don’t need a spiralizer for this recipe, you can take a vegetable peeler or mandolin and simply shave off thin ribbons of the zucchini.
- 1-2 medium-sized zucchini (washed)
roughly 1/2 cup/
- 14g loosely packed fresh chopped basil (one handful of leaves, to taste)
- 1/4 cup/ 21g Pine Nuts
- Olive oil
- Sea salt & Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 3-4 Roman Artichoke hearts cut lengthwise
- Wash and dry the zucchini/courgette. Use a spiralizer with the single blade function or a vegetable peeler to shave off ribbons of the zucchini.
- Set aside in bowl
- Slice the artichoke hearts in half length-wise and set aside.
- Make a chiffonade of basil with a pairing knife and add to zucchini
- Gently mix basil and zucchini together
- Drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Allow pine nuts to infuse salad for ~10 minutes before serving, however, don’t allow them to become soggy.
- Sprinkle salad with sea salt and freshly ground pepper just before serving.
If you make a double batch (and keep out the pine nuts) you can easily have this as lunch the next day.
Leave a Reply